Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter... Church... and other stuff






As the day ends and the dye still stains our hands, the kids are on a sugar high that they may never recover from, and we are so tired that we are just ready to dive into the bed and not wake up for weeks.

Today was pretty special for me, as we spent the day with Carla (my fiance) and most of her family. There were kids everywhere, Easter eggs, candy, FOOD, and everything that goes into a family get together. But that isn’t the only reason it was special. This morning, Easter Morning, Carla was recognized as a new member of the church that I am a member of. She got up, made sure that 3 people other than herself got ready, and made it to Church almost on time!!!! ~WINK~

The Sunday School class was great as we laughed, learned, fellowshiped and prayed together. I am blessed to be a part of a Church family that is loving, caring, forgiving, and accepting. After SS, we went to the worship service where we took up an entire row with our future blended family. As I looked down the aisle, I wondered why God has blessed me with such a wonderful woman and a family that doesn’t mind worshiping together.

After Church, we rounded up the troops and headed to Jasper to be a family. Why not? We will be family in every sense of the word before too long. It was refreshing to be a part of organized chaos. I absolutely do not mean that in a derogatory manner. You see, my folks and family’s idea of family time is no longer than an hour and is more structured than a military tribunal. The kids have their place to eat, adults have theirs, and everything is so streamlined to make sure that we don’t have to spend any more time together than necessary. So to be welcomed with a hug, and told goodbye the same way, well, it did my heart good.

I am not a smart man. I do have lots of common sense and street smarts though, and all those things tell me that I have found where I will be for the rest of my life. The kids all got along well, the adults enjoyed each other and their time of fellowship.

Now as tomorrow gets here, and becomes today, my problems, my worries, and my stressed all seem to surface with the sunrise. But what a true Gift from God to have time, even if only a moment to forget the worries of life and just feel loved.

Pray for my family and my future family as we move toward becoming blended. Pray that our steps are ordained by Christ, and that we are able to listen, hear, and follow the instructions that God gives us.

Enjoy the picture of the fam. I just wish Daff and Angel (+kids) and Thad and Becky (+kids) had been there for it. There will be PLENTY of other times for that.

God Bless, and I love you all...

Charlie

No comments: